Rich in Spirits

Net worth in the six figures!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

November 07 Totals

November 07 Totals

0 - Credit cards
0 - Car
28912 - Student loans

28912 - Total Debt

2020 - Emergency Fund
4621 - 401K

6641 - Total Savings

Moving along, moving along.

Trying to get back on track with putting $1300 a month toward loan debt (this was my aim - or more, even, if I could). And any extra that I can scrounge up!

A couple of things made me a little discouraged, though they aren't really setbacks or anything...just, depending on how you look at numbers, things could seem better or worse than they are. For example, I realized that I am not yet vested, and only about two-thirds of that 401K total is actually mine at the moment. Which, still, is not too shabby, and growing fast.

In addition, my boss told me that I was getting a bonus, and I assumed that taxes and all would be taken out as normal...but I had no idea! I lost over $600 of it to taxes (it was taxes more heavily than my normal pay) AND, coincidentally, I found out from the HR department that they had made an error and withheld too little tax this year, so they made an adjustment to the tune of $300-some dollars. $1000 straight to Uncle Sam. But it was gravy anyway, so can I complain? No...I just wish my boss hadn't told me what the amount was supposed to be, a month before I got it. I had a lot of time to think about what I was going to do with that money!

But it's a good lesson - until it's in your hands, you are not going to be doing too much of anything! So better to cool your jets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home