Rich in Spirits

Net worth in the six figures!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 2011 Totals

1861 - Credit cards
6114 - Car
0 - Student loans

7975 - Total Debt

1526 - Stocks/Emergency Fund
42829 - 401K
2361 - Roth IRA

46716 - Total Savings

Net worth - 38,741

Wow, where has the summer gone? I thought I had missed a month, but not two! Well, like many, I don't have too much to report. Still haven't chipped away at the credit card satisfactorily, even after selling a bunch of my company stock a couple of months ago. I traveled a bit this summer, but not in a major way. Flew to the family house in Florida, took a road trip through New England, crashing with family and friends, planning one last hurrah at a B&B in a town not too far from here. No things like A Trip To Japan. But they add up. And the performance of, well, just about everything isn't buoying my spirits....

Goals: Pay off credit card, pay off car, continue to invest in stocks that pay me dividends every month, continue putting same amount into 401K and Roth IRA (buy low, sell high!), try to avoid shopping and trips, continue to participate in research studies and surveys to make extra cash, save up to buy a house and build a better EF.

That's a lot, but I can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home