Rich in Spirits

Net worth in the six figures!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 2010 Totals - I Did It!

232 - Credit cards
0 - Car
0 - Student loans

232 - Total Debt

210 - Emergency Fund
25890 - 401K
1356 - Roth IRA

27456 - Total Savings

Net Worth: 27224

I did it! I became debt-free! Yes, at the moment my credit card has a small balance which will be paid shortly. I intend to continue to use my credit card for all purchases so I earn free flights and can see more of the world. At any given time I might be carrying a balance of a few hundred dollars.

From now on my goals will change a little! I am still refining them. I want to continue to invest in my 401K and Roth IRA and amass a much more generous Emergency Fund. I am also curious about how to optimize my investments to be able to generate income for me each month, too. I have recently been exploring stocks that pay monthly dividends. CDs are another likely option for a portion of my Emergency Fund (though they earn such small amounts these days).

But first, I will do something completely un-frugal and enjoy my trip to Japan in April! And enjoy the feeling of being indebted to no one. At least until I buy a house :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home